How well do you move?
Find out with a Functional Movement Screen!
In this 60 minute consultation, our FMS qualified trainer Michael will take you through and score a series of seven movements to assess your movement patterns, establish your movement baseline, discuss results, develop and deliver a detailed report and specific program to improve performance and recovery.
What is a Functional Movement Screen?
The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) uses objective and validated standards to check the movement baseline, and build foundations for lifelong movement success. Therefore, certified professionals can discover the best opportunities to improve movement and identify how to train with purpose and precision in order for individuals to achieve their fitness, sports performance or return from injury goals.
The FMS is a screening tool used to identify limitations or asymmetries. It measures seven fundamental movement patterns which are key to functional movement quality in individuals with no current pain or known musculoskeletal injury.
Using FMS scoring results, movement principles are then put into action to make programming decisions and guide purpose-driven exercise selection. The FMS is an ongoing feedback tool that makes the entire training process - both short-term and long-term - profoundly effective and efficient.
What happens after your FMS?
After the FMS and further discussing results, together we can make a decision best suited to an individual’s needs and timeframes.
With a range of tailored products we can now find the right one for you. From a single screen and development program, through to an 8 week course specifically built around 1-1 coaching to better understand your own body and healthy movement patterns. If performance is what you seek, there is also an advance screening and coaching course called the FCS (Fundamental Capacity Screen).
What are the benefits of working with a Functional Movement Specialist?
- Identify movement patterns that support work, sports, and daily activities.
- Recognize and be educated on the true relationship that movement patterns play in our health and fitness goals.
- Understand principles to support the importance of movement screening.
- Learn the role and impact of mobility, motor control, and functional patterns in fundamental movement.
- Utilise the scoring criteria for consistent and reliable screening results.
- Develop individual programing using the FMS as an objective filter and feedback tool.
- Utilise the benefits of future re-testing to see tangible results
- Apply and execute corrective exercise based on screening results.
Who provides Functional Movement services?
Our Personal Trainer Michael McBryde is the only qualified staff member to provide these services at Next Gen nationwide. In fact, he is the only PT in South Australia who can provide these specialty services as a personally tailored product.
When can I book a FMS?
Functional Movement Screens and courses are available to members now.
FIND OUT MORE